The festive season is here again.
And one way to get the party started is to get an Iced Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks.
However, have you ever wondered – “Can I replicate this drink at home with my Keurig K-Cafe coffee brewer?”
Here’s a quick and easy Starbucks Iced Peppermint Mocha recipe to try.
Table of Contents
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Serving Size:||1 Cup (16 Oz)|
|One Starbucks Peppermint Mocha K-Cup Pod|
1/2 cup of 2% milk
A pump of Chocolate syrup
Whipped cream and toppings of your choice
|Recommended: Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker|
Step-by-Step Preparation Procedure
Assuming you have all the ingredients ready, you might be wondering – what’s next?
Power on your Keurig K-Cafe coffee brewer. And check if there is sufficient water in the reservoir.
Place your cup (preferably a mason jar) on the drip tray and follow these steps…
1. Froth Your Milk
Take the lid off the frothing pitcher. Then, pour your cold 2% milk into it up to the cappuccino line. Usually, that’s about half a cup of cold milk.
Select “COLD” on themilk frother section.
Add a pump of chocolate syrup to your milk for improved flavor; chocolate pairs nicely with peppermint mocha.
Place the lid firmly back on the froth pitcher and press the “CAPP” button. In doing so, your Keurig should start frothing your milk.
2. Insert a K-Cup Pod into the Brewer
While your milk is still frothing:
Grab a Starbucks peppermint mocha K-Cup pod andinsert it into your brewer.
You can brew and froth simultaneously with the Keurig K-Cafe coffee maker. And that makes it one of the best coffee makers for this recipe.
Pull down the handle andpress the “LATTE & CAPP” button.
Then, press the large ”K” button to start brewing.
3. Add Some Ice to Your Freshly-Brewed Drink
You can’t prepare aniced peppermint mocha without some ice. So, once the brew is complete, fill your glass with ice and give it a couple of light shakes for balance.
4. Pour in the Milk Froth
Your milk should be done frothing. Gently take the pitcher out of the machine.Then, slowly pour the milk froth into the ice-filled glass and stir the mix vigorously.
5. Finish the Drink Off with Your Preferred Toppings
Top off your drink with some complementary toppings. Start with some whip cream, just above the cup’s brim.
Then, you can add chocolate chips, red sugar sprinkles, a selection of fruit-flavored syrups, crushed candy cane, or even chocolate shavings.
This choice is completely up to you.
And that’s it…
You’ve made an Iced Starbucks Peppermint Mocha straight from your K-Cafe coffee brewer.
- When it comes to toppings, you have a lot of options to choose from. Aside from what we’ve discussed above, you can also splurge on extra toppings like crushed peppermint candy, chocolate shavings, or sugar sprinkles to elevate the taste.
- Moreover, you can add a pump of caramel or vanilla to the mix to give your drink a distinct, toasty sweetness.
- Note that chocolate-based desserts go best with the Starbucks peppermint mocha; however, you could also pair your delicious beverage with fruit-flavored snacks.
- Now, here’s something you won’t hear every day – add a pinch of salt. Salt tends to give creamy beverages a smoother, seemingly gourmet taste.
- If you have time to spare, replace regular ice with special coffee ice cubes for a stronger, richer flavor.
- Lastly, if your Keurig coffee brewer doesn’t have a milk frother, don’t fret. Using a blender, you can blend all the ingredients together including the ice cubes and the coffee. Up until the mixture gets frothy. Pour the blend into a cup then add whip cream and your favorite toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make iced coffee with your Keurig, simply fill a mug or mason jar with ice and place it on the drip tray. Next, brew your coffee directly onto the ice and add extra ingredients depending on your taste.
Not surprisingly, your Keurig can brew all kinds of beverages, including hot coffee, iced coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. These beverages come in a range of flavors and temperatures that are all compatible with this coffee maker.
Absolutely! From the Keurig Mini to the Keurig Cafe, any of these coffee makers can brew a perfect glass of iced coffee.
Yes, you can use regular K-Cup pods to prepare iced coffee. Though, we do recommend using dark-roasted K-Cups for smoother, tastier results.